RBDmap employs UV crosslinking, oligo(dT) selection, partial proteolysis and quantitative proteomics to identify the protein regions engaged in RNA binding in a system-wide scale. Applied to HeLa cells it reported 1,174 RNA-binding sites mapping to 529 RBPs, many of which lacking known RNA-binding domains. A detail RBDmap protocol has now been released for the community in Nature protocols
“The use of RBDmap can now be extended to other cell lines or organisms and can be used to profile in a global scale the behaviour of RNA-binding domains in response to different physiological conditions and stresses.”
Identification of RNA-binding domains of RNA-binding proteins in cultured cells on a system-wide scale with RBDmap. Castello A, Frese CK, Fischer B, Järvelin AI, Horos R, Alleaume AM, Foehr S, Curk T, Krijgsveld J, Hentze MW. Nat Protoc. 2017 Dec;12(12):2447-2464. doi: 10.1038/nprot.2017.106. Epub 2017 Nov 2. PMID: 29095441
Our friend, Mayka Sanchez is applying for a PhD position within the framework of an MSCA-COFUND, funded by the EU and co’funded by La Caixa. The program is called INPhINIT and the deadline for application in 2nd February 2018.
- 3-year contract in a stimulating environment
- Complementary training
- Secondments at national and international organisations (Universities, Research Center and Private sector)
- Mentor appointed by ”la Caixa” Foundation from its network of alumni, the ”la Caixa” Fellows’ Association
- Involvement in communication and dissemination activitie
Candidates applying for a fellowship of the programme will be evaluated accordingly to their CV, letters of reference and interview.
- Candidates must have obtained a Master degree in the last 4 years
- A good command of English (B2 level required)
- It is also mandatory not to have resided in Spain more than 12 months in the last 3 years before 29 May 2018.